How Technology Will Help You Get a Responsive Website
Got a product to distribute or sell? Or want to have a portfolio on your work? Or want to compile some valuable information that
would come to others’ use? In all these cases a website would be a good solution. You don’t have to start everything from scratch.
Weebly/Wix technology will help you rather easily to reach there. Read on to find out.
Weebly/Wix is free to use and you can have a subdomain of the main domain to publish your site.
- It has text boxes and spacers which you can drag and drop.
- You can use varying font colors, types and sizes inside these text boxes.
- You can drag and drop files and image objects from the left column and click on them to upload the required files or images from your PC.
- You can use contact forms to embed your email address and on publishing the site, people can message and those messages will land directly in your email account.
- You can also take advantage of small text boxes and put your own titles on them other than built-in titles such as, “Last Name”
- You have the capacity to embed web links inside a group of words. On publishing the site, clicking that group of words will help you
to get to the required website.
The website layout can be of varying types for Weebly/Wix technology. For the most convenient sake, I give you an example for that
of a writer. The layout can comprise of the following menu bar:
Home Free Resources Books About Blogs Contact
- Under Home menu item you should address what the website is about and who it is for.
- Under Free Resources, you can have book images and links to free books, courses or any other free material relevant to a writer’s website all via an opt-in page to collect email addresses of those who subscribe to the free resources.
- Under Books menu item, you compile your books for sale along with other information such as ISBN, book title, book image, previews, co-authors, if any and access links to the books either in digital or hard-copy form after a specific buyer makes the purchase online. Of course hard copy ones will be shipped to the given address information.
- Under About menu item, you write all your information as an author- your BIO, how many books you have authored and in what category as well as New York Times bestselling books, if any. Explain briefly the layout of the website as well here.
- Under Blogs menu item, you can use weebly’s blog option or put links to blogs for example, that of blogspot.com that you maintain separately. In these blogs you can discuss press releases and short descriptions of your books, publicizing them.
- Lastly, Contact menu item can come in the main menu bar. It should be a form asking for the interested party’s first name, last name, email and comments. On clicking submit button of the contact form, their information should reach straight to your email account that you embedded in previously as I explained before.
These are some of the ways you can create a beautiful website with Weebly/Wix technology for free. You can add a template cover for your site at the start and you have the option of changing it.
With all the above in place, it’s time to publish your website. You will be asked for a sub-domain. For instance, if author Smith wants to publish this site, he can use smith-author.weebly.com (a fictitious one; just for the purpose of an example) if it is available otherwise he may need to modify it a little to get an available one.
This is exactly how modern technology will enable you to create a remarkable website without starting from scratch. You also have the option to purchase a main domain so that Weebly or Wix wouldn’t appear in the URL.
But you will have to be careful of the instructions for instance, you may have to renew the site after every two or five years with necessary payments.
So I recommend you use it for free as a subdomain and enjoy coming back to your site at the backend to edit and add more juicy material and click publish!