To help my fellow Marketers and Entrepreneurs get ‘up-to-speed’, am sharing these Digital Marketing Stats I believe will help you make the best marketing decisions for your business.
- Mobile Landscape
38.9+ Million Mobile Subscribers
26.7+ Million Mobile Internet Subscriptions
21.5+ Million Mpesa Subscriptions
12.7+ Million Smartphone/Tablet Owners
Sources: CAK and Safaricom
- Social Media Marketing Stats
52% of companies say Facebook is the most effective social channel for customer engagement
81% of Facebook’s audience in Kenya use mobile only
86% of social media users want to and do follow brands on social platforms
57% are annoyed with too many promotions by brands
75% have purchased something because they saw it on social
57% are more likely to buy from a brand they follow
- Social Landscape
6.9+ Million on Facebook
3+ Million on YouTube
2.2+ Million on Twitter
1.4+ Million on LinkedIn
1.3+ Million on Instagram
Sources:Facebook, LinkedIn, Nendo and Google
Social Media Marketing Tips:
- Create a Marketing Calendar based on your consumer’s journey and business goals
- Use Facebook and Other social media Channels to Build your OWN Database Audience.
- Drive audiences to Mobile pages/websites to get better conversions and sales instead of Social Post Engagements.
- Use the Pareto principle when it comes to posting content 80%(engagement) and 20%(advertising) posts.
- Use VIDEO posts for Increased Awareness, Engagement and Consideration.
- Use Facebooks’ Audience Insights to better Understand your Customers Interests.
- Understand your Customers path to purchase and Match your Facebook ads Objectives according to your own Business Objectives.
- Brand Awareness
- Clicks to Website
- Website Conversions
- Video Views
- Lead Generation
- Improve your Relevance Score when advertising to reduce ad spend by
- Being specific with your targeting
- Considering your Ads image and message
- Refreshing your Ads
- Learning from Testing Different Ad angles
- Avoid using offensive and misleading content (Click bait)